Get Korean Glass Skin at Home with this easy to follow step-by-step guide. Korean glass skincare routine is trending these days among women. Thanks to Ellie Choi, for her viral skin-care routine. It’s a rage, an obsession that has taken over the beauty community and the fascination with this Korean glass skin is not going to fade anytime soon. While it’s been trending as glass skin, but actually, what the term means?? In Other Words, you can say it is a goal to achieve a skin that is clear
Get Korean Glass Skin at Home with this easy to follow step-by-step guide. Korean glass skincare routine is trending these days among women. Thanks to Ellie Choi, for her viral skin-care routine. It’s a rage, an obsession that has taken over the beauty community and the fascination with this Korean glass skin is not going to fade anytime soon. While it’s been trending as glass skin, but actually, what the term means?? In Other Words, you can say it is a goal to achieve a skin that is clear,decongested pores, blemish-free, even-toned, glowing, dewy, and soft that will be as clear and transparent as glass is.
Have you ever wondered why Koreans have such glass-like, lustrous, beautiful, supplest skin?? There’s no doubt the genetics is involved, their eating habits, etc., but most importantly they also take care of their skin as an aesthetician. It has been revealed by Koreans strictly follow their skincare regimen, be it am or pm. It takes hard work, Sister!!
In this guide, I have tried to break it down for you to try at home. Although you can buy the products if you wish to, so I have listed both the options down here, both natural and commercial substitutes, it’s totally up to you how you want to go about it. Also, using the right products, hydration, and staying consistent is the key, this requires a commitment to building up and religiously following a skincare regimen that will certainly help you to achieve a Korean glass skin at home.
Steps involved in Korean Glass Skin Routine at Home
- Double Cleansing- Oil and Foam
- Sheet Mask
- Eye Cream
- Sleeping Mask
Step by Step Guide to Korean Glass Skin at home
Step 1: Cleansing
To be more precise, the term “Double Cleansing” should be used. It simply means there are two steps involved in cleansing, using an oil-based cleanser and foam cleansing. Cleansing is a critical step to achieve Korean glass skin at home.
This is the first step of a Korean glass skincare routine, in this step an oil-based cleanser is used to remove all the makeup, dirt, or any other impurities from your face. For this, you can use an oil-based cleanser or you can make one at home. Oil eliminates any impurities without drying out your skin. Natural oil cleanser will rule out any possibility of damage that can be caused by harsh chemicals. Oil cleanser can be made by two different carrier oils, coconut and castor oil. Olive oil can also be used if you have dry skin, skip the castor oil since it causes too much drying.
- Take coconut oil or olive oil in a jar or a container with a pump. Prefer using Cold Pressed extra virgin as they are full of antioxidants, rich in Vitamins, and have antibacterial properties.
- Scoop or pump out coconut oil, melt it in a bowl. Always use warm water to melt the oil instead of the microwave.
- Add Olive oil to the bowl and mix them in a bottle, shake before cleansing as the oil layers separate with time.
- For Oily and Acne-prone skin – you can use Tea tree oil in a carrier oil. It is antimicrobial and antiseptic which are well suited for acne-prone skin. Similarly, for Aging skin, you can use lavender oil or frankincense oil with a carrier oil.
How to Use:
Take a Teaspoon of the oil cleanser, gently apply all over the face, moving your fingers in a soft circular motion, and then rinse with warm water. This step will remove dirt, excess makeup, and sebum from your face.
This step helps to deeply purify your skin and also creates a clean canvas to start with. Moreover, foaming or water-based cleansing removes the remaining residue and deeply cleanses the skin. There are various foaming cleansers available in the market or you can make one at home too.
DIY Foaming Face Wash
To make this face wash at home you need a soap dispenser, a measuring cup, and a spoon. Take 2/3 cup of rice water, to this add 1/3 cup of liquid castile soap and two-three drops of a mild essential oil like jojoba or lavender, or moringa oil. Pour all the ingredients in the dispenser and swirl before using it. Koreans swear by the benefits of Rice water. It is the most essential ingredient to achieve Korean glass skin at home, it has essential vitamins and minerals that can do wonders to your skin. See how you can make rice water at home here and how can you use it for your Skin and Hair.
- The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil
- This is one of the best products that remove all dust, impurities, or any buildup from your face without any irritation.
- It contains rice water along with moringa oil which removes grease and dirt very effectively.
Step 2: Exfoliate
The second step in the Korean glass skin routine is to exfoliate. It is the best way to buff away the dead skin, clean pores, it brings out the glow with youthful radiance. Besides, it improves the absorption qualities of your skin, removes excess oil trapped in pores. Exfoliation can be done mechanically ( scrubs, brushes) or chemically. do not exfoliate daily, focus on the problematic areas. For more information on exfoliation, read here.
- Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon
Step 3: Toner
A toner helps in balancing the pH levels of your skin and also softens it. It helps in making your skin flawless, freshens up your skin, and absorbs excess oil. Also, it minimizes pores, prevents them from clogging which further prevents acne and tightens skin. Look out for a toner that is hydrating as well as clarifying. It prepares your skin for the next step.
DIY Rice Water Toner
Rice water toner brightens your skin and tightens large pores. Check out how to make a DIY rice toner, again an integral step in achieving Korean glass skin at home. Do not rub or pull the toner, lightly dab it in your skin and allow it to absorb. Do not rinse off any product after this step.
- Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Relief Toner
- This toner has a low pH similar to the skin.
- Has a Cooling effect
- Also, it tightens Pores
Step 4: Essence
The essence is a crucial step to achieve Korean Glass Skin at Home. Don’t worry if you are new to this term, Essence is like a serum but a bit less concentrated, lightweight, tends to be watery like consistency unlike serums, it enhances skin’s cellular renewal process, leading to an increase in elasticity and firmness, as well as a brighter complexion. They not only deliver moisture but also target skin concerns such as pigmentation and rosacea. This step has been a crucial part of the Korean glass skin routine for ages, however, it has recently gained popularity all over the world nowadays.
DIY Rice Essence
Take 1/2 Tsp Rice Water, 1 Tbsp Glycerine, 3tbsp rose water, 8-10 drops of Jojoba Oil / Rose Essential Oil. Add aloe vera gel until you get a slightly runny consistency. Blend all the ingredients well and store in a pump bottle.
- Hanskin, Korea Real Complexion Hyaluron Skin Essence
Step 5: Serum/ Ampoule
An ampoule is a Korean counterpart of a serum. It is much condensed than an essence, loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Serums are important as they go deep into the skin instead of just laying on the surface of the skin. Serums target ur skin at multiple levels, they nourish the skin, boost collagen as well as address other existing skin issues such as aging, uneven skin tone, pigmentation, etc. It can be used both day and night time. However, I generally prefer following any recipe or skincare routine at night, as it works wonders for your skin, allowing more time for the skin to absorb all the vitamins and antioxidants.
DIY Facial Serum
To make this Serum, Soak 2 tbsp of rice in water, keep it for 5- 6 hrs. Transfer the rice to a pan, add 1 cup milk, and let it simmer on a slow flame until it is cooked. Strain the liquid, to this Add 4 Tsp Aloe Vera gel, two tsp of Vit. E oil and 2- 3 drops of essential oil. adjust the quantity according to the consistency.
Choose the essential oil according to your skin type
- Normal- Lavender, Frankincense oil
- Dry – Lavender, Sandalwood, Jasmine
- Oily- Tea – tree, Lavender, Peppermint, rosemary
- Face shop White Seed Brightening Serum
Step 6: Sheet Masks – Certainly a crucial step in the Korean Glass Skin trend
These are super popular among Koreans and current favorites of the beauty community. They pamper your skin and leave it smooth and glowing. Sheet masks hold on to the components and that way allows them to get absorbed into the deeper layer of skin. you can use these masks twice or thrice a week for better results. Sheet masks are available in a lot of variety, again you can buy or make one at home.
DIY Sheet Mask
- For sheet masks, you can use baby wipes, a cotton muslin cloth or a tissue paper will also do fine. cut holes into the wipe making shape of your eyes, nose, and lips.
- In a bowl, take rice water, add argan oil, honey, and essential oil of your choice, you can pick according to your skin type as mentioned above. Dip the sheet mask in this solution you just made, let it soak all of it, grab and keep it on your face for about 10 mins.
- Midiheal Tea Tree Essential Blemish Control Sheet Mask
- This Sheet Mask contains components that help troubled skin with much oil secretion such as tea tree leaf oil, pine needle extract and Portulaca oleracea extract will soothe your irritated skin and let you feel refreshed without any stickiness after using it
- Use of the cellulose mask sheet with silky touch fitting even your fine line and wrinkles.
Step 7: Eye Cream
Eye cream is one such product you should never miss as you approach your thirties. It helps tame wrinkles, dark circles, fine lines we face in later years. You can’t rock glass skin if you have a dark circle, puffiness, and bags hanging around. That is why it is important to start early to take care of all these problems. Dab a small amount of eye cream on your palm and pat it around the eyes. Never tug or pull your skin taut.
DIY Eye Cream
Coconut oil with Vit. e oil makes a perfect, affordable, and reliable eye cream. Melt coconut oil, stir and add 10 drops of Vit. E oil and store in a container. Coconut oil is very effective in lightening dark circles. It moisturizes skin and reduces wrinkles by strengthening collagen. It prevents eye bags and puffiness. Vit E removes all free radicals from your skin that cause aging. Gentle massage with Vit. E oil helps in lightening dark circles under your eyes.
- Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream
- This product protects and defends horrid age markers, fight age signs with its certified, fine and deep wrinkle, dark circle, and anti-aging care.
- It contains E.G.F, Epidermal Growth Factor, which helps your eye remain bright with whitening effects.
- In addition to these, it contains snail mucus filtrate, which regenerates and refreshes your eye area in no time.
Step 8: Moisturizer
Moisturizer effectively locks in all the moisture in your skin, replenishes your skin’s hydration levels, and also gives you a radiant glow. Dab a small amount in your palm and gently massage your face to enhance blood circulation.
DIY Rice Cream
Take 2 Tsp rice, add one cup of water. Boil and let it cook. let some water evaporate and cool for 15 mins. blend and add 1 Tsp Milk and 2Tsp Honey, 4 tsp aloe gel, and Vit E oil, essential oil of your choice. I used frankincense oil. Add more aloe gel to achieve a slightly thick and gel-like consistency.
- Etude House Collagen Moistfull Emulsion
Step 9: Sleeping Mask – Important step to achieve Korean Glass Skin
A sleeping mask is different from a face mask, as you can apply and keep it overnight unlike the usual mask. you can either skip this step or go with it … if you follow this routine at night you can add this step.
DIY Sleeping Mask
Take a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and add a few drops of essential oil. Dab it on to seal all the hard work you just did.
- The Face Shop Baby Face Ampule Sleep Mask
- A sleeping mask containing seaweed extract and hyaluronic acid works overnight to brighten the skin tone and replenish the skin’s moisture barrier
Step 10: Sunscreen
A good SPF is a must. Dab it on before stepping in sun. you can use any good sunscreen with a high SPF.
So, this is what the K- Trend is all about!! Although some of the products seem quite expensive, their Diy counterparts are promising as well. Moreover, there is no harm in trying them. To sum up, getting Korean glass skin at home is not impossible but with consistent effort, a strict skincare regimen, and incorporating a healthy lifestyle you can achieve the Korean glass skin at home. I am sure you will take some time off every day and treat yourself to this K Trend. Do let me know your suggestions and any queries related to this in the comment section below, If you liked the post then Please Subscribe and share because Sharing is Caring!!
Stay happy n Stay natural !!
Disclaimer: Always do a patch test before applying anything. The above-mentioned products are not at all sponsored. You can choose according to what works for your skin. Also, Skip the sheet masks and sleeping masks during the daytime. Also mildly exfoliate only twice a week.